I had a nice night, and though you probably don't care to hear it, I'm going to relate it anyways.
1) Went to a department banquet today, somehow ended up going early with the person (and her helpers) who was running the function.
2) Found a large bowl of bread, and instantly said: "This reminds me of the Hunger Games." My friend stares at me and shakes her head sadly. (Throughout the night I made several references to the book, to which my friend told me I am too addicted. She is right.)
3) Was helping to decorate the place with pine boughs (what can I say, we like our trees) and took a small branch that was free of needles and pointed it at my friend and made the *swish and flick* motion and said "wingardium leviosa." She laughed, and said "somehow I knew you were going to do that."
4) Somehow was roped into doing the raffle ticket sale. It was terrifying. I had to talk to so many peopleall of whom were either upper classmen, teachers, or TAs. I fell back into my usual response to having to talk in public: Super speed talk. Left a lot of people behind struggling to keep up with me.
5) There was a lot of plaid at the banquet. A LOT of plaid.
6) Was talking to a guy in one of my old classes that I think is cute. Sadly, he asked if I thought another girl in our class was cute and expressed that he wanted to ask her out. I didn't really know how to reply, she I just smiled and laughed.
7) Witnessed one of the best pick up lines ever. A girl took a take out box from the dinner, asked me and my friend for a pen, walked over to one of the guys helping with the banquet, and asked him for his autograph. It was priceless.
Listening to: Criminal Minds
Reading: This screen
Watching: Criminal Minds